Buying Medical Marijuana and Legal Limits
In 2016, Florida state legalized medical marijuana when the state voters passed Amendment 2.
It appears to be a hopeful step for people who require medical marijuana for their chronic pain treatments prescribed by medical marijuana doctors in Florida.
The study, published by The European Journal of Pain, stated that patients who used medical marijuana for their pain management may have experienced relief in their conditions. On the contrary, many patients have reportedly mentioned its potential side effects. However, researchers and marijuana doctors are studying more by taking a closer look at the conditions that respond to medical marijuana.
How to Obtain Florida Medical Marijuana?
- The law of Florida is straight and firm when it comes to purchasing medical marijuana in the state. The one compulsory ingredient is the approval of doctors.
- Even if you have a condition that requires the use of medical marijuana, it is important to have evidence of you suffering from a legitimate condition confirmed by your doctor in Florida.
- The patients must have also tried other treatments that have previously failed leading them to use medical marijuana.
- Once all the above mentioned conditions are fulfilled, the patient can send an application to the Florida Department of Health. Later, he/she will receive a medical marijuana card in Florida in a few weeks which they can use to purchase medical marijuana from a dispensary.
- The card allows patients to buy medical marijuana specifically from the dispensary approved by the state. Afterward, patients must always keep a proof that they bought it from a state-approved dispensary.
The experts with their extensive knowledge were able to explain the clear picture on who can qualify for the use of medical marijuana.
Who Qualifies for Florida Medical Marijuana?
It should always be the first priority of every patient to try out other treatments prescribed by the doctor. Medical marijuana may help to relieve the pain but it should be the last resort as declared by the health department of Florida. The health conditions that qualify for medical marijuana in Florida are as follows:
- Chronic pain
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
When a patient visits a doctor in Florida, they prescribe a dose of medical marijuana that is suitable according to the patient’s threshold and current condition. With the help of a pharmacy dropper, a patient can easily measure the approved dose and use it accordingly. The state of Florida has a limit of 2.5 ounces of smokable marijuana in the possession of a patient at one time within a 35-day span. Your doctor may recommend a lower quantity depending on your condition.
Dosing medical marijuana varies patient to patient. The proper dosing for a medical marijuana patient can vary based on your specific condition and should be discussed exclusively with your medical marijuana physician.
If you want to know more about the laws of Florida for the legal use of medical marijuana, get in touch with MMJ Health today. And, if you are interested to learn whether you qualify for medical marijuana, fill out our qualification survey now!